Inspired by the Patron of Reading conference 2015, here’s a manifesto for the Haringey Chapter:
Patron of Reading: Haringey Chapter – a manifesto (summary)
- Our goal is a patron of reading for every school in Haringey.
- We will build a diverse community of patrons – writers, illustrators, storytellers, poets and graphic novelists – to meet the diverse needs of Haringey schools.
- We will secure support from senior leaders to embed their patrons’ activity in the life of the school.
- We will support our patrons to share ideas, to have an impact across the curriculum and to include the wider school community – including families.
- We will champion the work of our patrons and build support for the Haringey Chapter.
- We will support the national Patron of Reading initiative.